The One To Watch

Where I'll tell you the ONE game, person, match, or moment in the world of sports that you NEED to see today. Check back everyday and find out the TOTW!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DARTS: The World Series of Darts

ESPN airs an hour of the "World Series of Darts" at 7:00pm EST tonight right before the more popular "World Series of Poker." This is the type of programming I miss seeing more often on the Entertainment and Sports Network. Sure, I love MLB games, Baseball Tonight, and the monster that is SportsCenter. And I enjoy the many gimmicky talk shows like PTI and Outside the Lines as well. But every now and again, I often feel like watching a semi-sport where I have no rooting interest and can just enjoy the sincere competition (or humor) of the event.

Darts is a pefect example. I would never pay money to watch darts. But if I'm having a beer in an Irish pub, it's a fun thing to play. And if I'm channel-surfing on a slow night, I just might watch for a few minutes to see if an American can challenge the legendary British dart throwers.

My pick: I HAVE NO IDEA. I guess it's a slow day and I needed a break from baseball. I enjoyed the show last week and I'm still amazed to see how good these guys are. I put all kinds of holes in my bedroom walls myself when I had a dart board as a kid. Sorry about that, dad!

Moving right along, she may not be a world-class beauty, but she looks better than most and will always be my favorite female basketball player, Jackie Stiles.

3 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger APOSEC72 said...

Of course the jersey is making me recall a certain chant done at an Arena Football game some years back...

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jeff Briscoe said...

To the good old days. Remind that bad back of yours!

 
At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 

Post a Comment

<< Home