The One To Watch

Where I'll tell you the ONE game, person, match, or moment in the world of sports that you NEED to see today. Check back everyday and find out the TOTW!

Friday, July 21, 2006

THE BIG SPORTS WEEKEND

Since things seem to slow down around here on the weekends, I'm doing another combined post for your ones to watch.

Saturday, July 22 CYCLING: Tour de France, Stage 19

I promised I wouldn't mention the Tour de France again. But I'm going back on my work for today's one to watch. American Floyd Landis made a historic comeback by winning stage 17 in dominating fashion just one day after being all-but-eliminated from contention. Landis showed incredible heart by making up over 8 minutes of time on the lead. He now rides in 3rd place and is only 30 seconds behind Oscar Periero. Today's exciting final time trial will determine the race winner. My Pick: Floyd Landis. USA! USA! USA!

Sunday, July 23 BASEBALL: Atlanta at Philadelphia

I recognize that this is hardly a compelling game. And the final round of golf in the British Open might prove to be the real one to watch. However, since writing this 36 hours in advance and Tiger Woods has looked awesome so far, I fear Sunday might prove a mere formality for another Tiger win. So I'm resorting to my surging Atlanta Braves who face the Phillies in the ESPN Sunday Night Game of the Week. The Braves have been hot since the All-Star break and have finally acquired a closer in Bob Wickman. Can they make a 2nd half run at the NL wildcard and keep their playoff streak alive? The next 10 days will tell. My Pick: Atlanta. Horacio Ramirez has looked good since returning from the DL so I'll go with him over some dude named Hamels.

Continuing our photo tribute to female athletes, here's the USA National Softball Team, recent winners of the 2006 World Cup of Softball. The beautiful Jenny Finch stands in the top center.

5 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Your bloviating TennisTitan said...

Big Daddy, Am I picking up a pattern - Saturday nights off. Good for you!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger APOSEC72 said...

That's not a picture. THIS is a picture.

You're welcome.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Jeff Briscoe said...

Touchee, Francase. And it has been saved to the harddrive for future use....by future use I mean for posting to my blog as a photo of the day...what did you think I was talking about?!? ;)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Jeff Briscoe said...

Yeah, weekend traffic is always slower, so my blogging laziness has officially begun!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger APOSEC72 said...

Heh heh....hard drive. Heh heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home