The One To Watch

Where I'll tell you the ONE game, person, match, or moment in the world of sports that you NEED to see today. Check back everyday and find out the TOTW!

Monday, July 24, 2006

BASEBALL: Boston at Oakland

Sorry for the late post. I'm suddenly having competition for the computer from my wife. Her use goes in spurts and unfortunately she's back in a spurt. I tried to wait her out last night but got too tired so I went to sleep.

Anyway, today's one to watch is the Red Sox at the A's. It's a west coast night game so you might not learn the results tonight. But this could be a playoff preview between two teams currently leading their divisions. Lefty Barry Zito faces Boston's 12 game-winner Josh Beckett. Zito has been involved in all sorts of trade rumors for the past few years. And he's even rumored to be gone by the forthcoming trade deadline. But why would Billy Beans trade his ace when the A's are sitting in first place? I don't get that but, then again, I'm not a big moneyball guy!

My pick: Oakland. I think Zito will look sharp tonight. Even if he's not dealt, this is his free agent year. I expect him to make a run at the Cy Young to get that extra cash!

Today female athlete of the day is Olympic gold medalist swimmer Amanda Beard. Reader Francase questioned my selection of pictures the other day so I'm turning it up a notch!

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger APOSEC72 said...

Much better. Glad you aren't slipping as much as feared.

Kinda funny that Landis ended up winning the Tour - with a busted hip. So much for the superior Eurpoean cyclists.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home